We have experience working with clients one-on-one to commemorate special occasions such as engagements, weddings, anniversaries. We specialize in his and her wedding bands, jewelry for brides, grooms, and for mothers of the bride and bridesmaids.
Call to make an appointment to begin the exhilarating process of helping to design a custom piece of fine jewelry that represents your artistic vision.
Most custom design projects require 4-8 weeks from consultation to completion.
Please call (206) 300-9896 or email email@example.com to make an appointment. At our first consultation we will discuss design, style, type of metal, and what stones (if any) you want incorporated into your new piece of custom jewelry. When colored stones or diamonds are used we will also discuss sourcing options, quality, carat weight and pricing options.
It is helpful to bring drawings, images or photos to the first meeting so we can get a better idea of what you have in mind for your design. If you are not sure of the exact design you want, we will work with you through ideas, sketches or images we have to get us on the right track.
If you already own loose stones or stones already set in another piece of jewelry, this can easily be accommodated.
We can also recycle the gold in jewelry you already own to help off set costs.
Once we determine the design and stones you want, you will get a preliminary and verbal estimate of pricing. A formal estimate will be given in writing within 3 days to a week of the initial consultation. Written estimates may vary from the preliminary estimate and will be valid for up to 14 days only, after they are given. After that a new estimate may be required due to changes in material and labor costs.
Once the estimate is agreed upon by all parties and contracts are filled out, a 30% non-refundable deposit is required to start the final design and wax carving process. After the design and wax are approved, in writing, an additional 20% non-refundable deposit is required to start the casting and final finishing processes. Please be aware, these deposits, totaling 50% of the contract price, cannot be refunded after this point.
Wax creation means we will "hand carve" an actual three dimensional wax of your piece so you will be able to try it on and get a better feel of the piece. This will allow you to see your jewelry before casting and, if necessary, we can make last minute modifications before casting, at no additional charge. Our aim is to insure that you are thrilled with your custom design.
Each wax is delicately cleaned by hand before it is attached to a “wax tree” to be made ready for a clean casting. The tree is then put in a steel flask and filled with a plaster of parries like investment and set aside overnight to allow the investment to harden. The entire flask is then put in an oven and heated to varied degrees (100-750 degrees) of temperature causing the wax to melt and literally evaporate, creating an empty space where there was once wax. Once the now hollow investment is cooled, molten metal (gold, silver, platinum) is then poured into an opening at the top of the flask to replace the “lost wax”. Hence the name, the lost wax method of casting.
After casting and sitting for about an hour, allowing the metal to set, the flask is quickly cooled in water. This rapid cooling forces the investment to literally explode within the flask and separate from the metal. The tree is then cleaned of all remaining investment and the jewelry is cut from the now gold tree and ready for trimming and pre-polishing. The pre-polishing is done to insure that all hidden surfaces on your jewelry that might be covered by stones are clean and shiny before the stones are set.
At this point there will be another consultation with the client to make sure the ring is as desired. Any alterations at this point will incur additional charges. Once approved, stones will be set and the ring will receive a final hand polish and cleaning.
If a ring does not fit perfectly, resizing will be done at no additional charge.
No returns, exchanges or credits will be given on custom made jewelry as all pieces, materials and stones are made to order. We strive to ensure that every customer is completely satisfied and that all your expectations are met.
We recommend that all customers insure their pieces. We can provide GIA certified appraisals for all pieces at a nominal fee.
We offer one free cleaning and inspection to insure all stones remain secure anytime up to one year from the date of delivery.